Your support in any form will help us greatly with providing new capabilities in the greater Williamsburg area to provide respite and resources for caregivers of senior family members needing assistance to remain in their own homes as long as possible.
For more information or to discuss volunteering, please contact 757-564-3745 or email@example.com.
If you are interested in working with the clients in our Senior Champions Program, please:
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering! The benefits and joys the participants and their families receive make your volunteer commitment to the Senior Champions Program a rewarding experience. We depend on volunteer participation to provide safe and effective programs for our clients, and we are grateful for their impact in the community. Without our many dedicated volunteers, our clients continued progress would not be a reality.
There are two volunteering opportunities to choose from:
– Wednesdays from 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. at Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church at 7479 Richmond Road, or
– Tuesdays from 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. at New Zion Baptist Church at 3991 Longhill Road.
The application process includes the following steps:
1. Complete the Volunteer Application below.
2. Upon receipt of your completed application you will be contacted by one of the Project Managers, Dreama Clark or Janell Nickols, to schedule an interview. The interview will take place at the location where the program will be held.
3. At the conclusion of your interview you will be provided with a health history form for your medical care provider to complete at your cost. You will bring the completed form with you on your first day of volunteering.
4. Criminal background checks are required for all potential volunteers. You must have a photo ID with you to complete the necessary forms. There will not be a charge to you for the background check.
5. You will need to have a PPD test, a method used to test for tuberculosis and then have it read. You will bring your PPD forms with you on the first day of volunteering.
6. You will participate in a Volunteer Program Training.